Famous Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi: Mahatma Gandhi is known as the father of the nation. His life, teaching, and personal beliefs have inspired many. One of my favorite quotes from Mahatma Gandhi is: “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. I think this quote is a great example of how we can use small positive actions to make a big difference. By doing small things, we can create a bigger impact than swimming against the tide. His philosophy on life was based on non-violence.
His goals were freedom from oppression and freedom from want. On April 12, 1947, he is famously quoted as saying, “I wish to see India as a land of milk and honey. Where there is no injustice, no untouchability, no untruth, no fear, no hatred, no gloom, no tears, no pain.”
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Audio–
- “Be the change you want to see in the world” – gandhi
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will” – gandhi
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” – gandhi
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong” – gandhi
- “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind” – gandhi
- “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history” – gandhi
- Gandhi Quotes: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- Gandhi Quotes: “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
- Gandhi Quotes: “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
- Gandhi Quotes: “Never despair, and never give up.”
- Gandhi Quotes: “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.”
Here is a list of quotes from Gandhi that should help you to understand the man and his true legacy. Gandhi was an amazing person and individual that should be remembered and respected.
If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do.
I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
In conclusion, Gandhi quotes are a great source of inspiration for me, and I think it’s a great source of inspiration to many people. I have found a Gandhi quote applicable in almost every tough situation I have encountered in life. These quotes have helped me through the rough times in my life, and I hope others can benefit from them too.